[Yum-devel] Sqlite DB spring cleaning needed?

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 07:24:17 UTC 2007

Hi!

While doing my sqlite indexes tests I realized that VACUUMing the sqlite db
heavily influences the performance. The non VACUUMed sqlite db needs 28
seconds to rebuild the indexes while an vacuumed/fresh db can build them in
6 seconds.

So I was wondering if this has any impact on the current yum. Although I
didn't realize that myself yet a colleague of mine often complains that
updating the sqlite db takes a long time. Does anyone else see this
behavior? If this is an real issue we should consider calling VACUUM; from
time to time.

Florian