[Yum-devel] Updated repository/Next refactoring steps/Request for review

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Aug 1 13:58:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 10:20 +0200, Florian Festi wrote:
> > 1. I'm not sure how the tsinfo lookups you've implemented (old and new
> > provides) will play with localinstall pkgs where the rpmdb and the
> > packageSack
>
> There is tsinfo.localSack - a PackageSack where local pkgs are put in while
> they are part of the transaction. Can you please check if the criteria for
> detecting local pkgs in TransactionData.add()/.remove() is correct.

will do. I'll work on getting your patches merged and see what doesn't
look right from there.

> > 2. about the search mechanism you implemented in sqlitesack _search. I
> > think we'll need to be careful to unset the matched items in much the
> > same way we need to be careful about figuring out how to completely
> > reset yum and all of its objects when doing multiple runs w/i a single
> > python instance.
>
> While I fully agree about being careful with caches things here are a bit
> different than within the depsolver. These caches can only be outdated when
> the SqliteSack changes. So we probably should clear them in .addDict() and
> .delPackage(). Is there a way to update a SqliteSack object to a newer
> version of the repository? I didn't find any code for that on first sight.

The other issue is memory use. We're storing some results inside the
objects which means ballooning memory up some. How much difference does
this make on a larger transaction?

> > all in all, we can get the ffesti branch committed for something like
> > 3.2.3.
> Yes, this was the plan from the beginning.

What do you mean by this comment?