[Yum-devel] In which yum-utils could plugsins be usefull.

Tim Lauridsen tim at rasmil.dk
Mon Sep 25 13:01:00 UTC 2006

Hi

Jeremy ask me, why i was disabling the plugins in my patches to make
some of the yum-utils tool work with the current yum API.
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum-devel/2006-September/002609.html

The answer was that, no one of the utils has enabled plugins in  yum
2.6.x API, and i didn't want to change the way the worked.
I lets to the next questions.

1. Could it be useful for some of the util to have enabled plugins.
2. Which util should have enabled plugins.
3. Should it be enabled by default with an option to disable
(--disable-plugins) or should it be disable by default with and option
to enable.
    (--enable-plugins).

Let me know what you think.

Tim