[Yum-devel] [UG][Yum] SSL Cert checking - urlgrabber patch

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Fri Sep 22 02:14:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 12:45:23PM -0400, James Bowes wrote:
> >Hmm... what about the following:  urlgrabber has been stable in "beta"
> >for a while.  SSL certs and losing 2.2-support are big changes.  What
> >about calling what we have now 3.0.0, folding in your SSL code to be
> >3.1.0 (with no official 2.2 support), and then aim for
> >a 2.2-ism-stripped called 3.1.1?  Does that seem reasonable?

Done.

> It does. Yay dropping old python support!

You'll be amused to know that it still works for python 2.2, although
the current M2Crypto doesn't support 2.2.  However, since it falls
back to regular python... :)

I'll install 2.5 soon and add it to the unit tests.  James, if you
want to submit documentation patches and unit test patches, feel
free :)

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G