[Yum-devel] [UG][Yum] SSL Cert checking - urlgrabber patch

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Mon Sep 18 21:36:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 05:08:07PM -0400, James Bowes wrote:
> Here's the urlgrabber patch.
>
> Instead of importing urllib2, we import m2urllib2, M2Crypto's SSL
> wrapper around urllib2.

> ssl_context is an M2Crypto SSL Context, which can be passed in if you
> want more fine-grained control over the SSL setup.

James, the implementation sounds nice.  I've glanced at the patches
and have a couple questions:

  * can it be made to fall back gracefully if m2crypto isn't around?
    (with the new functionality simply not working)
  * does it pass the (python 2.2, 2.3, 2.4) unit tests?

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G