[Yum-devel] speeding up searchNevra in rpmsack

Jay Soffian jay-yum-devel at soffian.org
Thu Oct 12 17:02:34 UTC 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 12:16 AM, seth vidal wrote:

> The only way I could find to not make that happen when working on
> searchNevra is to open a ts and keep it open. Which, of course, breaks
> ctrl-c handling.

So if you delete the match iterator this also goes away. Which makes
sense I think... even tho you're calling ts.close(), the database
can't be closed cause you're still holding a reference to something
in the database?

Anywho:

import rpm

for num in range(1, 1200):
     ts = rpm.TransactionSet()
     ts.openDB()
     print num
     mi = ts.dbMatch(0, 20)
     h = mi.next()
     del h
     del mi
     ts.closeDB()
     del ts

I confirmed that is no longer leaking FD's.

j. - sorry for the barrage.