[Yum-devel] 2.9.9 or 3.0?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Oct 4 09:01:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Menno Smits wrote:
> I vote 2.9.9. This searchNevra slowness issue still needs to be fixed.

+1

Oh and forget about my comment about older versions having similar issues,
the slowness in 2.9.x is quite Something Else.

> Also I've been thinking that a single CTRL-C should always kill Yum for
> consistency with every other cli app out there. This has been mentioned
> before on the Yum list. I think another signal like CTRL-\ or CTRL-Z should
> be used to switch mirrors.

Very much +1. People expect ctrl-c to stop the application, not do some
arbitrary application dependant action. HUP might be a "sane" signal for
the purpose (hang up and try next number :) but I don't think that's
mapped to the keyboard normally :-/

 	- Panu -