[Yum-devel] [UG] Failing mirror tests for ftp

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Thu Nov 2 18:24:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:22:31AM +0000, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> Michael, you're probably more familiar with urllib development than me -
> do you think this has any hope of going in, or should we use a custom
> wrapper/handler - we already have a copy in byterange.py.

Paul, thanks for pursuing this so aggressively.  I haven't had a
chance to dive into it yet.  I don't have a good feel for how likely
bugfixes are to be accepted (promptly).  I don't have a fundamental
objection to folding such fixes into urlgrabber.  It just makes things
more clunky.  I'll try and think about a clean way to do it.  In the
meantime, perhaps you can submit the bug.

It would certainly get folded into yum and made available faster if I
put the fix in urlgrabber.  It's just more cruft and more things that
can break later.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G