[Yum-devel] returnNewestByName & PackageSackError's ...

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Wed May 31 18:54:04 UTC 2006

Some of the PackageSack.returnNewestBy* functions now throw a
PackageSackError if there is no package matching that name.

This causes some pain in MetaSack._computeAggregateListResult when I do
something like 'yum update python-devel', and have 3 repositories, with
one of them not having python-devel at all.

_computeAggregate* are really generic; dealing with exceptions for
anything non-critical seems impractical... what am I missing?  Just
seems like returnNewestBy* should be able to return None if there wasn't
any match; it doesn't seem to warrant an exception.

Attached is the simple patch that appears to solve my problem.
Thoughts?

--Bret