[Yum-devel] zeroconf-like discovery of repos

Mihai Ibanescu misa+yum at redhat.com
Fri May 26 17:39:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 01:36:26PM -0700, Michael Stenner wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 03:09:56PM -0400, Mihai Ibanescu wrote:

> > > doh! i suppose that request came too late :)
> >
> > I believe it should be py2.2 safe. Definitely not 1.5 safe, although probably
> > too few people care about that - the largest obstacle would probably be
> > python-adns. I will definitely test it on 2.2.
>
> Large parts of yum (including urlgrabber) do not work for <2.2, so
> there's no point in aiming lower.

I just tried yum 2.6.0 on python 2.2 - no luck. sets does not exist in python
2.2.

Is there a version of yum that works with python 2.2 and has the plugin
interface in place, that I can try the service discovery plugin on?

Yum 2.2.x (that is available on the web site for python 2.2) doesn't have the
same plugin interface.

Misa