[Yum-devel] yum devel series and help needed

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed May 24 21:47:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 17:42 -0400, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 15:44 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>
> <snip lots of good stuff that I'll come back to...>
>
> >  - make for downloading arbitrary-keyword-identified data from
> > repomd.xml - needs
> >    related code in createrepo
>
> This would be actually useful for fixing up pkgorder so the lists of
> groups/early packages is configurable and not in the script so custom CD
> layouts are easy.

half of this is already done.

in removing the libxml2 req in repoMdObject.py it makes handling
arbitrary data easier.

I'll be finishing up the work in yumRepos.py probably some time tonight.

then it should be a handful of calls to get and checksum the file.

what we do with the files after that is a whole other thing :)