[Yum-devel] Re: [yum-cvs] yum/yum storagefactory.py, NONE, 1.1.2.1 __init__.py, 1.196.2.7, 1.196.2.8 repos.py, 1.90.2.1, 1.90.2.2

Tambet Ingo tambet at ximian.com
Wed May 24 15:05:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 10:34 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> Doesn't it make sense to do this on HEAD first so that it can get some
> more testing prior to backporting to the 2.6.x branch?

Yeah, probably. I didn't know anyone was actually testing HEAD, other
than a couple of people doing yum development. It's a really small
change that doesn't affect people who are not interested in C parser.
It's just some code moved from one file to another. It's really hard to
get any testing to C parser if it requires patching yum, that's why I
committed to the branch people actually use. Just to re-iterate, it does
not make you use any unstable code, the yum-metadata-parser is used only
if it's separately installed.

Should I revert it from 2.6?

Tambet