[Yum-devel] yum-utils repoquery

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Sat May 20 08:43:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Mike Cvet wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm new to yum development and was looking to implement --buildrequires
> and --whatbuildrequires in repoquery via yum-utils.
>
> I've attached a patch for repoquery.py which adds functionality to the
> above options, but am looking for any specific requirements which
> further need to be implemented.

You can already do both queries without this patch:

--buildrequires:
repoquery --archlist=src --requires <pkg>
or repoquery --requires <pkg>.src

And --whatbuildrequires:
repoquery --archlist=src --whatrequires <dep>
or repoquery --whatrequires <dep> '*.src'

I don't mind adding aliases for --buildrequires and --whatbuildrequires
but you could just reuse/enhance the existing logic for enabling src
archlist as needed for these operations instead of reinventing it :) Also
I think fmt_buildrequires() could be just: return self.fmt_requires()
instead of duplicating the functionality (unless I missed something...)

 	- Panu -