[Yum-devel] metadata parser in C

Tambet Ingo tambet at ximian.com
Fri May 12 12:55:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 14:53 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > > 4. change the filelists sqlite format to speed up searches

This is debatable I guess, I tried to add a row per package file to
filelist table, it takes about 5 times longer with that change. 2
seconds vs 10 seconds. 58714 rows vs 432937 rows.

Oh, btw, if you're wondering what's the XML parsing and writing to
sqlite tables ratio is, it's about 25% parsing and 75% writing currently
and about 7% parsing, 93% writing with the change. People with slower
disks (laptops) would most likely be annoyed with ~10 second write.

> check into cvs
> http://devel.linux.duke.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/yum-metadata-parser/

Awesome, thanks.

Tambet