[Yum-devel] kernel-module, fedorakmod plugin status

Jack Neely jjneely at pams.ncsu.edu
Thu May 11 21:24:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:57:33PM -0400, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> What's the current status for handling kernel modules in yum?  I know we
> have a couple of plugins in yum-utils and we used to have some code in
> depsolve.py that got moved out in February.  Is the plan that they are
> in a plugin
>
> Has anyone looked at the SuSE kernel module packaging and if they have a
> yum plugin for that.
>
> Paul

I'm to blame for the fedorakmod aimed at Fedora style modules.  Right
now I've got a lot on the plate that keeps me from spending more time
working on this.  However, with a new job in progress and RHEL 5 looking
like it will be Yum based I'll probably be able to get some work done.

Of course, patches and discussion welcome.  :-)

Jack

--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>
Campus Linux Services Project Lead