[Yum-devel] kernel-module, fedorakmod plugin status

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed May 10 04:15:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 23:28 +0200, Christoph Thiel wrote:

> Our kernel packages provide the kernel(...) = ... -- so, yum should be
> able to select a -kmp to be updated, as long as all dependencies fit.
>
> Am I missing something?

Maybe, maybe not - depends on how y'all have arranged it:

- when you update the kernel you want yum to keep the old kernel AND
install the new kernel AND you want it to install all new modules to
match up with the new kernel.
- when you update a kernel module you don't want it to install the
modules you want it to update the modules for that particular kernel
while keeping all the old modules for the OTHER kernel versions, but not
for that one.

do you get that result?