[Yum-devel] yum-utils: Make yum-builddep use OptionParser

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Mar 16 07:51:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Paul Nasrat wrote:

> A pretty simple patch to make yum-builddep support a repoid argument.
> It'll also now give usage if you pass it noargs.
>
> Views?

Go ahead and commit :)

But this reminds me... it was briefly discussed at some point IIRC but
can't find it now: I think yum-builddep and yumdownloader (in --source
mode) would benefit a lot if yum had a concept of "source repositories" so
they could be automatically enabled for src.rpm operations (and ignored
for normal operation) without fiddling around with miles-long --repoid
list.

Haven't given it much thought but minimally I think just having an
additional "source = 1" setting in local repository configuration might be
sufficient: normal yum etc operation would simply ignore such
repositories, and utils such as yum-builddep and yumdownloader could be
taught to enable those as needed.

Thoughts?

 	- Panu -