[Yum-devel] RFE : support gpgcheck=0/1 commandline option

Thomas Springer th.springer at gmx.net
Tue Mar 7 15:16:18 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 07.03.2006, 01:35 -0800 schrieb Panu Matilainen:
> > Now, I want to see if this could be included in yum-utils?
> > Please have a look at my written code.[2]
>
> No reason why it couldn't be included there. OTOH I've been planning to do
> a generic "cli-extras" plugin which includes every bleeping option you
> could wish for, this could be integrated to that - if the cli-extras
> plugin existed :)

Fine. Will you or someone else import this into CVS...and could you tell
me more about the cli-extras plugin? Maybe I can help.

> > I appreciate any comments/suggestions/improvements.
>
> I'd probably lose the "verbose" setting and just set a higher loglevel
> for those messages, eg something like unconditional
> conduit.info(5, "GPG signature check enabled")
> etc so if in doubt, just run with yum -d 5 to see those messages.

The "verbose" was introduced to output a strong warning when someone
disables sigchecks. People recommanded sth like "It's always better to
import the gpg key instead", though I've not implemented that so far and
while this advice seems reasonable I really don't mind about that
message.

Thomas