[Yum-devel] RFE : support gpgcheck=0/1 commandline option

Thomas Springer th.springer at gmx.net
Mon Mar 6 23:21:44 UTC 2006

In the past I days I wrote a plugin which adds an option to the
commandline util to enable/disable gpg signature check, resp. overwrite
the defined setting in yum.conf. I gave it to Paul Howarth who used it
for Jpackage RPMS. He tried it (just like me with various packages, e.g.
opera on fc4&fc5test3) and it seems to work fine. He also pointed me to
a rh-bugzilla-id [1] where support for this option was already asked for
in fc4test3 times.

Now, I wan't to see if this could be included in yum-utils?
Please have a look at my written code.[2]

I appreciate any comments/suggestions/improvements.

Thomas

[1] http://bugzilla.redhat.com/159463
[2] http://www.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/~springer/yum-plugin/