[Yum-devel] Syslogging chrooted installs

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 20 22:17:35 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> so something like:
>
> yum: root=/var/lib/your/mom installed: foo, bar, baz
>

> > For the mock case, sure, syslogging is probably overkill.  But if you're
> > managing chroots for some other reason, then it might not be so useless
>
> So we should also make it disable-able.
>
> noted.
>
> icon - worth tacking on?

Well, I was really thinking in terms of an Epylog module. If there is
installroot information, then uninteresting bits (non-root installs)
are easily discarded, however I'm wondering if filling up
/var/log/messages with thousands of entries on each mock rebuild is
useful. So, if the following two things happen:

1. installroot=/var/lib/your/mom is added to log messages
2. syslogging can be additionally turned off in config file (e.g. for
mock configs)

then I would be happy in a tent.

Cheers,
--