[Yum-devel] yum 2.9.0 and yum-metadata-parser 1.0

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Jun 12 04:53:10 UTC 2006

Hi folks,
 This is the first real release of this development series and it's got
A LOT of changes in it. The biggest change I think is the addition of
Tambet Ingo's python module to parse the xml metadata. It does a
conversion from the xml directly into the sqlite databases and it
represents a pretty massive speed up from the parsing we've been doing
thus far.

We've also changed a lot of of the yum module api on the way to
something better.

We're not done, yet, but this is where we've started.

Also for the next few months I'd like to do something new for the
development releases. For every week I'd like to release a new point
release. So at the end of this week, if we've checked in any changes,
we'll release 2.9.1, then 2.9.2, etc, etc. I hope this will help get
changes landed and tested sooner.

First the warnings:
 This is a development series it is not meant for production use nor
should it be considered stable or reliable AT ALL.

Next where to get it and what to get:

yum 2.9.0:
tar ball:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.9/yum-2.9.0.tar.gz

srpm:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.9/yum-2.9.0-1.src.rpm

yum-metadata parser:
tar ball:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-metadata-parser/yum-metadata-parser-1.0.tar.gz

srpm:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-metadata-parser/yum-metadata-parser-1.0-3.src.rpm

See the changelog for the full set of changes and let us know what
breaks, please.

http://devel.linux.duke.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/yum/ChangeLog?revision=1.59&pathrev=HEAD

thanks,