[Yum-devel] syslog support

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Jan 13 06:07:26 UTC 2006

So, shamefacedly I admit that I never looked deeply enough at the logger
class that michael stenner wrote almost 3 years ago. If I had I would
have realized that we could have gotten simple syslogs out of yum a
looooooooooong time ago and wouldn't have thought about it nearly as
much as I have.

Anyway - end result I checked the code in. By default, now, what yum
writes out to the /var/log/yum.log will get written to the daemon
facility with an ident of 'yum'.

I'm keeping the /var/log/yum.log item around b/c it may continue to be
useful to get the rpm script errors to write out to somewhere.

Anyway, many thanks to Michael and many apologies for not being smarter
than I am...

I'll probably check something similar to this into yum 2.4.X, too.