[Yum-devel] minor patch for kernel-module plugin

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 16:19:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 18:09 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 10:54 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> > I have thougt about make a dialog in yumex for enable/disable the
> > installed plugins to make it easier for the user to
> > use plugins.
>
> I think it's better to work out the wrinkles in plugin support wrt GUI
> frontends to yum than force users to disable and enable plugins
> manually. I know of a few problematic cases like plugins expecting to
> find optparse instance in the main yum object (changelog plugin causing
> tracebacks with pup and yumex for example) - but have you seen other
> similar cases and what exactly are those?

This should be handled fine as long as the plugin sets its type
correctly -- the changelog plugin should be TYPE_INTERFACE as it affects
the way the UI works as opposed to changing some core behavior; in
contrast, installonlyn is TYPE_CORE as it changes a core behavior that
is independent of what the interface is.

Jeremy