[Yum-devel] [UG] mirror list overrun

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Feb 10 05:58:36 UTC 2006

Pasting a message to yum list on this subject. I think this still
catches a number of people given how often it turns up in bugzilla.

Michael or Ryan, if neither  of you object can I merge these in?

MESSAGE BEGINS:
Hello.
I am here suggest a modification to correct a bug.
There is a bug in the yum  _mirror_try method in
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/urlgrabber/mirror.py that works like
that:
- the list of mirrors are stored in a array (class URLGrabber?) gr and
then
when the socket doesnt conect to first mirror it removes that mirror
from
the array and get the next one. But getting always the first one.
- after it passed over all the array, i. e., when a array of zero lenght
is
achieved, it populate the array again. but the _next pointer is pointing
a mirror that doesnt exists (the last position plus one).
This gives a error like this:

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 15, in ?
     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 149, in main
     base.doTransaction()
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 592, in doTransaction
     problems = self.downloadPkgs(downloadpkgs)
   File "__init__.py", line 565, in downloadPkgs
   File "repos.py", line 605, in get
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/urlgrabber/mirror.py", line
414,
in
 urlgrab
     return self._mirror_try(func, url, kw)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/urlgrabber/mirror.py", line
392,
in
 _mirror_try
     mirrorchoice = self._get_mirror(gr)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/urlgrabber/mirror.py", line
290,
in
 _get_mirror
     return gr.mirrors[gr._next]
 IndexError: list index out of range

I have did this to solve but I dont know if is the best solution:

    def _mirror_try(self, func, url, kw):
        gr = GrabRequest()
        gr.func = func
        gr.url  = url