[Yum-devel] yum-utils with 2.5.x api

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Feb 9 10:20:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Paul Nasrat wrote:

> Could maintainers of yum-utils programs ensure they work with the
> current 2.5.x api (eg yumdownloader) so we can get a release and into
> Extras prior to FC5 final.

There's a patch in RH zilla to make yumdownloader work with 2.5.x, I just
haven't gotten around to sort out the mess of what can be pulled from head
to the 2.4.x branch and what can't and then make two releases of
yum-utils, one for 2.4.x and another for 2.5.x. It's pretty clear that
2.5.x API is going to change sufficiently to make keeping yum-utils work
with both from a single version is impossible so might as well fork now.

 	- Panu -