[Yum-devel] new plugin slots

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Dec 7 03:40:07 UTC 2006

A thought as I was trying to figure out how to add some external
debugging into yum.

Would it be useful or reasonable to add in pre and post transaction
element plugin slots. So that between each element in the transaction
callback we could do something or note it. I was mostly thinking of it
for journaling the transaction outside of the db but I can think of some
useful debugging that could go on when things go ass-sideways due to a
broken scriptlet or other error that doesn't cause the transaction to
abort but would be interesting to get info out of.

the problems with this is that the rpm transaction callback in yum
lives in the cli-space and therefore makes a poor fit for a yum-library
level plugin. Any thoughts/suggestions on this?