[Yum-devel] other items on the package object radar

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Sat Aug 26 05:39:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 00:52 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> We talked about these a loooooooong time ago - wondering if anyone other
> than me would be interested in them (for cleanliness sakes)
>
> attributes/properties to rpmbase:
>    - name
>    - arch
>    - epoch
>    - ver
>    - release
>    - requires (as list of tuples)
>    - provides (as list of tuples)
>    - conflicts (as list of tuples)
>    - obsoletes (as lit of tuples)
done

I considered making a prco object for each of these and having various
return methods:
 - iterator for returning the list of tuples
 - strings - which would return something like rpm -qR output
 - etc

anyone think that's worth doing or just extra overhead?

>    - repo_object
still working on this one but, yes, it should happen.

>    - relative url
  remote_path
>    - filelists (as iterator object of some sort)
 - a generator would be nice so we could poll out of the sqlitesacks as
we go.

>    - changelog (as its own object)
I thought we had done this at one time, for some reason but I can't seem
to find it in the code.