[Yum-devel] Looking at avalable packages

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 25 20:19:02 UTC 2006

Folks,

What's the best way to look at available packages from a plugin?

 packages = c.getPackages()

and filtering based on provides is slow.

 packages = c.getRepos().getPackageSack().searchProvides("kernel-modules")

gets me the packages I want to look at, but the prco information isn't
complete.  Specifically, all the requires seem to be in the returned POs
but only the "kernel-modules" provide.  Where I need to grok the
"*-kmod" provide.

Any ideas?

Jack
--