[Yum-devel] yum 2.9.5

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Thu Aug 24 11:08:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 06:38 -0400, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 22:26 -0500, Ken MacLeod wrote:
> > On 8/21/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> > > let us know what breaks,
> >
> > What I'm seeing started earlier than 2.9.5 and I'm still trying to
> > narrow down the changes that cause these.   What I'm seeing is between
> > CVS 2006-07-31 and 2006-08-09.
> >
> > In rpmsack.py in the 'try' around L56, buildIndexes now fails with
> > "Match Iterators not supported in rpm" on RHEL4-U2.  Commenting out
> > that section appears to work unless it's causing the following.
>
> Are you using a blank rpmdb as a target?  I think our test will fail in
> this case (we're seeing similar with pkgorder).

Simple hacked up test to reproduce. I imagine this will also break mock
and anaconda installs with no db.

import os
import shutil
import tempfile
import yum
import yum.Errors

if __name__ == "__main__":
    rootpath = tempfile.mkdtemp(suffix="testroot")
    os.mkdir(rootpath + "/var")
    os.mkdir(rootpath + "/var/lib")
    os.mkdir(rootpath + "/var/lib/rpm")

    y = yum.YumBase()
    y.doConfigSetup(root=rootpath, init_plugins=False)
    y.doTsSetup()
    y.doRpmDBSetup()
    try:
        y.rpmdb.buildIndexes()