[Yum-devel] yum 2.9.5

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Thu Aug 24 03:26:12 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> let us know what breaks,

What I'm seeing started earlier than 2.9.5 and I'm still trying to
narrow down the changes that cause these.   What I'm seeing is between
CVS 2006-07-31 and 2006-08-09.

In rpmsack.py in the 'try' around L56, buildIndexes now fails with
"Match Iterators not supported in rpm" on RHEL4-U2.  Commenting out
that section appears to work unless it's causing the following.

Note that this is in the context that I'm working with installing
different architectures.  This worked in CVS 2006-07-31.

In cli.py around L624, it starts 'Running Transaction Test'.  In
self.ts.test() around L639 I am now getting "package <nvr> is intended
for a ppc architecture".

While this seems obvious (I *am* installing a different architecture
than the current host), I don't know why the 'rpm' module is now
reporting this error when it wasn't in 2006-07-31.  I've reviewed the
diffs and don't see changes in callback.py or transaction.py that
would cause this.  A lot of the higher-level calling sequences have
changed though.

I'll continue to narrow down the changes that caused these, but if
they ring any bells, let me know.

Thanks!

  -- Ken