[Yum-devel] Bug in urlgrabber _parse_url

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Tue Aug 1 23:13:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 02:53:14PM +1000, John Pye wrote:
> I saw your posting about the "bug in urlgrabber _parse_url" on the
> online version of the yum-devel mailing list. I wonder if you happen to
> know if this fix has been picked up by the urlgrabber/python crew, or
> whether yum will be patched with a workaround?

I've seen this, but haven't had a chance to really dive into it.  I'm
pretty swamped for the next few weeks, but if anyone wants to submit a
patch that works and passes the unit tests for python 2.2 - 2.4, I'd
probably accept it.  Next best would be to send me a test script that
calls urlgrabber and recreates the problem.

Note that url parsing has been reworked considerably since 2.9.6, so
you should make sure the most recent version (2.9.10) still exhibits
this behavior and apply any patches to that.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G