[Yum-devel] resolving dependencies from repodata

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Apr 27 06:00:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 21:49 -0400, Jay Soffian wrote:
> Yes, I'm interested in doing this, but I don't fully understand the
> issue. Can you elaborate a little on the conflict issue? Perhaps
> providing an example would make the light go on in my head. I'm
> confused about when the repodata is sufficient and when it is not.
>

> I did some reading of the yum-devel archives and I thought an
> eventual goal was to not need to download headers. If this is the
> case, why isn't the complete filelist+checksum+datastamps of each
> file kept in filelist.xml?

It is an eventual goal, absolutely it's just not something that's had
someone to focus on it in a while.

It's being handled in a similar way inside anaconda in FC5. However,
there are a couple of things that probably need to get solved before we
can count on it.

The reason why the full filelist+checksum+datestamp isn't in the
filelists.xml is b/c it would be HUGE to download as opposed to merely
BIG to download as it is now.