[Yum-devel] rpm dbpath and mock

Alan Milligan alan at balclutha.org
Wed Apr 19 10:03:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm converting our build server to use mock and chroot.  One of the
things I now need is to get rpm query info from the mock chroot instead
of /var/lib/rpm.

The rpm commandline gives me --dbpath and --root to do this, but I
cannot find an equivalent in rpm.TransactionSet() which only allows me
to set the root.

It seems that in the past, rpm.opendb() could do this, passing the
returned file descriptor to rpm.TransactionSet().

Does anyone know how to do this with the latest python bindings?  I
*really* do not want to be making system calls to determine package
version info.

Alan