[Yum-devel] [Patch 3/4] Defining other repository types in yum

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Apr 11 21:29:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 15:42 -0500, James Bowes wrote:
> Patch Contents:
>
> YumAvailablePackage change - make pkgdict an optional argument to the
> constructor.
>
> Class hierarchy changes:
>
> old:
>
> YumAvailablePackage
>         \
>          \
>           YumInstalledPackage
>                   \
>                    \
>                     YumLocalPackage
>
> new:
>
> YumAvailablePackage
>            \
>             \
>              YumHeaderPackage
>                  /      \
> YumInstalledPackage    YumLocalPackage
>

> Child classes now call their parent's constructors.

the only comment here is that we want, eventually to think about taking
this back a level so that the YumInstalledPackage populates an
rpmdb-based package-sack-like object.

I don't think any of the changes you've added here make that difficult
but I wanted to mention it from a development standpoint.