[Yum-devel] [Patch 2/4] Defining other repository types in yum

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Apr 11 21:27:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 15:36 -0500, James Bowes wrote:
> Patch Contents:
>
> Repository related changes, incorporating the PackageSack/MetaSack changes.
>
>   * RepoStorage - use the MetaSack for storing packages/PackageSacks
>     + repoMD specific setup code moved from populateSack to the
>       YumPackageSack
>   * Repository - abstract base class for rpm repositories.
>     + replace 'get' with 'getPackage' and 'getHeader' for a more abstract
>       interface.
      Why not just add getPackage and getHeader while keeping the
generic get w/o making it private or is this so one can leave getPackage
and getHeader in place and just replace __get() in another repo-type?

>     + add setup() and isReady() methods, rather than poking directly in
>       the class
>     + replace many repo.foo = bar with setter methods.

What do we get from that? Why not use properties - it looks prettier and
gets us the same result?

I noticed isEnabled() seems a bit clunky. Why not properties to clean it
up and abstract it?

>   * YumRepo and YumPackageSack moved to their own file.

These look good.