[Yum-devel] [Patch 1/4] Defining other repository types in yum

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Apr 11 21:20:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 15:27 -0500, James Bowes wrote:
> Patch Contents:
>
> PackageSack refactors, including an abstract base class, and MetaSack,
> an PackageSack implementing the Composite pattern.
>
> * made searchID private. No external code was using it, so it seemed to
>    make sense for cleaning up the visible interface. Especially to not
>    require it on subclasses.
>
> * setCompatArches(foo) rather than sack.compatarchs = foo. This could
>    also be done with setAttr, if people preferred.
>
> These changes allow for multiple packageSacks, for instance, one per
> repository.

A couple of comments:

1. one of the goals I had for this devel cycle is to kill off the repomd
subdir and merge all of this into the yum/ subdir. So a lot of these
changes are fine but as a matter of moving and merging they might get
shuffled.

2. what do we get out of setCompatArches() instead of setting the
attribute directly?

more comments on the other patches to follow