[Yum-devel] yum sends malformed Host header

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Tue Apr 4 21:11:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:58:22PM -0500, Eli Criffield wrote:
> yum version 2.4.2 and urlgrabber 2.9.6 on sles 9 s390x box.
>
> When i do anything with yum about 1/2 the time it dies requesting the
> url because it gets a 'HTTP Error 400' back.
>
> I've isolated the problem down to around line 627 in repos.py where
> self.grab.urlgrab gets called, that bombs with '[Errno 4] IOError:
> HTTP Error 400: Bad Request'
>
> In the http access logs for the server its trying to hit it says:
> [Mon Apr 03 14:41:23 2006] [error] [client 179.26.11.13] Client sent
> malformed Host header
>
> This same exact version of yum and urlgrabber is being used on sles 9
> x86 boxes with no problems.
>
> Any idea's how to get more debug info, like exactly what headers its sending.

The simplest thing is for you to just run ethereal and sniff the
traffic.  You can also get a new urlgrabber (you don't need to install
it, just set the PYTHONPATH environment variable) and then set the
environment variable

  export URLGRABBER_DEBUG=1,debug.txt

That doesn't produce tons of debugging info (I'm adding in more
logging places as I discover useful places to put them) but it might
be a good start.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G