[Yum-devel] install/update/erase cases

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Oct 26 21:32:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 16:26 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 14:15 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 11:08 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > >  I'm putting  some thought into generic install/erase/update methods in
> > > the base yum class. Some error/sanity checking before passing the
> > > package objects onto tsInfo.
> >
> > Also would avoid a lot of cut and paste code which I know exists in a
> > number of different places at this point.  Per what we were talking
> > about earlier, it would probably be good if these took either a package
> > object or some way of specifying at least name and arch (although
> > probably full nevra).
>
> Oh, also, just to make sure it's said... by doing this, it'll be
> possible to find out the state of a specific package object without
> digging into the tsInfo, right? ;-)

questions:
 1. is self.tsInfo.getMode() too invasive?
 2. if we add an attribute in the package object to store its current
state in the ts - it seems like we'll be stuck having to make sure we
retag that attribute each time we change anything in the ts. Having said
that - that's not all that big of a deal, really.

-sv

if we mark the package object internally as to its state - that might be
one way - though possibly a loss-