[Yum-devel] initial config changes commited

Menno Smits menno-yum at freshfoo.com
Tue Oct 25 12:30:16 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've just committed the changes for the config handling cleanup. Its
turned out to be a lot bigger than expected and there's still more to
do. The end result I believe is worth it (see config.py) but there's
going to be some teething issues.

The most notable gap at the moment is that the config parsing classes in
parser.py do not yet handle including of URLs. This needs to be added
real soon as URL includes are supported by stable versions of yum.

Nothing has been tested very much. THERE DEFINITELY WILL BE BUGS. It
works for me in the general update case with plugins running.

If you can, please fix bugs as you find them or report tracebacks and
bug reports here. I will deal with them as soon as I can.

Menno