[Yum-devel] translations!

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 14:38:57 UTC 2005

In my continuing to be a bad person, I'm thinking that we probably need
to start thinking about translations for things in the yum core.  There
are a number of useful messages which we can just use in the UI, but I'm
certain that we'll start getting complaints from people about them not
being translated.

So any objections to the theory?  I'll try to whip up a quick proof of
concept patch later in the afternoon...

One thing that then becomes a question is how to handle getting
translations -- we could just go the route of letting people contribute
po files manually and then having one of us commit them, but this is an
area where leveraging existing communities of people working on stuff
can be helpful :/

Jeremy