[Rpm-metadata] Re: [Yum-devel] adding more information to repo metadata

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 17:53:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 01:50:24PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> >  - Even if no epoch is specified, the metadata still specifies this as "0".
> >    For most code paths this is no problem as for all comparisons of version
> >    data, a missing epoch is the same as a "0" epoch. This should not be
> >    a huge problem and would be only a cleanup item for the repodata.
>
> what does removing 0-epoch items buy us?

Hello Seth,

You can change all algorithms looking at epochs
to also first convert all empty epochs to "0" to have things working,
then we don't have to change repodata again. It is just something you
have to keep in mind if working with repodata compared to data from
rpm headers.
Keeping to repodata as deployed right now does make lots of sense,
that's why things are worded as done above.

greetings,

Florian La Roche