[Yum-devel] addInstall callback should take pkg object

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 15:45:09 UTC 2005

I'd like to suggest a change to the object we pass around in the
callback for yum HEAD.

Currently in depsolve.py we do:

hdr = txmbr.po.returnLocalHeader()
rpmfile = txmbr.po.localPkg()

self.ts.addInstall(hdr, (hdr, rpmfile), txmbr.ts_state)

I'd suggest changing to

self.ts.addInstall(hdr, po, txmbr.ts_state)

As we can access hdr/rpmfile from po it's not a major headache for
people - if we need we could always override __getitem__ to provide
backwards compatibility if we feel the change is too intrusive.

This means I can do things like get at basepath for split media
installs, etc.

PAul