[Yum-devel] enable yum to pass http data to repository

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Nov 10 08:27:46 UTC 2005

> The reason I said this is the tricky part is because you need to make
> sure you catch all places where URL's are created by adding a relative
> part to a base URL.

all of these places should be in config.py or repos.py. Which isn't too
bad.

Sort of along these lines: I was interested in adding a configurable
user agent field on all urlgrabber calls. This is mainly for an
duke-internal interest in tracking all linux machines based on a uuid of
some kind but I'm sure it would be useful elsewhere. If only for other
programs using the yum module.

Bryan,
 If you're interested in making the changes to include options to the
urls, would you be be willing to add user agent defines as a global and
per-repo option?