[Yum-devel] Exposing location base

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Nov 10 07:55:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 18:22 -0500, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following on from my rpmmd list comments, I'd like to ensure we have
> base exposed in yum.
>
> Let me know if you think the attached patch will break anything, the
> most risky change is:
>
>     def _bn(self, qn):
>         if qn.find('}') == -1: return qn
>         return qn.split('}')[1]
>
>     def _prefixprops(self, elem, prefix):
>         ret = {}
>         for key in elem.attrib.keys():
>             ret[prefix + '_' + self._bn(key)] = elem.attrib[key]
>         return ret
>
> As I didn't really want location_{http://url/to/base/xml/blah}base as a
> field.  This will affect namespaced attributes we parse using
> _prefixprops, of which I believe location_base was the only one.

Sadly, every source I've read for handling namespaces using elementtree
includes more-or-less the above.

In short - the patch doesn't worry me - but I am confused by how this
helps us for handling removeable media. I'll explain more on the repomd
list but the short version is:
 how do we get createrepo to know where the fragments are delineated?