[Yum-devel] makecache process

Gijs Hollestelle gijs at gewis.nl
Sat Nov 5 10:12:36 UTC 2005

On 11/4/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> A simple yum-util that would do a cache update from cron every N hours.
> Then modify yum so that if repomd.xml (or a variable inside it) is < N
> hours old then assume that repo is current and use the local store of
> it.
Hi Seth,

I think it would be wise to make sure that the cache that is generated
is for the same mirror as that will be used later, because mirrors are
often out of sync. In other words we have to make sure that the mirror
that was selected when the cache was created is guaranteed to be the
same as the one that will be used when yum is ran.

Greets,
  Gijs