[Yum-devel] crappy patch for basearch on ppc64/sparc64

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu May 5 18:34:13 UTC 2005

PPC and Sparc are weird in that you regularly install with a mostly
32-bit userland and a 64-bit kernel + glibc + selected bits.  This,
unfortunately, breaks the $basearch logic currently in place.

The attached "fixes" things, but I don't really like it.  I guess we
could add stupidMultilibArches = {...} and then a method to check
against it, but that isn't really all that much better.  Any other ideas
from someone who hasn't been staring at X and the kernel for days
now? :)

Jeremy