[Yum-devel] Plugins can now modify and query Yum's command line

Menno Smits menno-yum at freshfoo.com
Thu May 5 10:55:04 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've just committed changes that allow plugins to add/modify Yum's
command line options. In order for this to work, Yum now uses the
optparse module instead of getopt. Any new options defined by plugins
even show up on the yum's help page (yum -h).

The attached example plugin provides simple "download only"
functionality, activated by a command line switch.

This ended up being a fairly big change so its likely that I've broken
something. Please report any regressions here and I'll fix them.

Regards,
Menno