[Yum-devel] transaction listing

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Mar 30 14:22:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 10:44:53AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > Very nice output; definitely more readable.  How will long package
> > names and versions be handled?  wrapped, truncated, push the edge of
> > output, etc?
> Truncated. Otherwise you end up with a really ugly display.

Hmmmm. I know you're opposed to screen-scraping, but there ought to be some
way to ask to show full names and versions. This'd be especially important
in the case of long package names like selinux-policy-targeted and
selinux-policy-targeted-sources (or something even longer) -- the truncation
could actually cut off the part that distinguishes which package is getting
installed.