[Yum-devel] yum-plugins CVS module?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 30 13:43:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 23:01 +1000, Menno Smits wrote:
> I'm wondering if there should be a separate CVS module for yum plugins.
> I've done two now and anticipate developing a few more based on
> enhancement requests in Bugzilla. These should probably be in CVS somewhere.

Why? I thought there were two points to the plugins:
 1. to not put the crazy code into yum itself.
 2. to not have to carry along $random_feature_of_doom, forever. If we
put it into cvs then it looks like we're committing to maintaining it. I
don't think that's a good plan.

I'd rather have a subdir on the yum site where you can list these things
as unsupported plugin examples.