[Yum-devel] deadlines

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 23 07:19:34 UTC 2005

So, this is fun:
 For FC4test2 - we've got about 2 weeks. We all know that a good way to
get testing on the broken items is in the test releases. On the plus
side fc4test1 with yum 2.3.1 showed us that the sqlite code works fairly
well, that things seem to work. Yay!

So what things need to break/change/get added before fc4t2 so we can get
testing on it?

- plugins? Do we want to include any for people to turn on? Do we think
it'll be ready-enough to be enabled?
- yum shell for cron job replacement - this one is in my court but I
definitely want to make that change before fc4t2
- exit to shell on depsolve failure? - still needs to be implemented,
but it sure would be nice
- repomd.xml checked for via timestamps first?
- exactarch as list of pkg names?

What other things should be on the short-short list?
I'm mostly concerned  with items that will cause big structural pain so
when we move them we can get some good testing against them before we
move toward stabilizing.